NEWS

Rap Icon Shock G died from accidental fentanyl overdose

POSTED ON:
Jun 10 2021
 

The Hillsborough County Medical Examiner has revealed the official cause of death for Digital Underground co-founder Shock G, with a rep from the medical examiner’s office stating that he died from an accidental overdose of fentanyl, ethanol (alcohol), and methamphetamine.

Shock G, 57, was found unresponsive by a Tampa hotel manager in his room on April 22, with the manager adding that he had last seen the rapper alive the day before. The manager decided to check on Shock G after he missed his check-out time, and he immediately called 911 after finding him in the room. Shock G was pronounced dead at the scene at 2:20 PM ET.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *